Get your free website from Spanglefish
20 January 2014
AGM Minutes

Minutes of 1485 Tri Club AGM

Held: 14th January 2014 at the Black Horse, Hinckley, 7.30 pm


Present: Dave Highton (Chair), Steve Robinson, Steve Bailey, Mhairi Billington, Richard Billington, Tony Noble, Mark Sampson, Lee Downes, Ian Wileman, Linda Whitelegg, Chris Willis, Jo Cox, Craig Wheatley, Neil Butterworth, Neil Bacon, Paul Raynor, Adam Zavalis, Dave Lawrie, Lucy Cutler, Tim Puffer, Tim Guilfoyle, Simon Bedder, Clare Davies, Neil Sorrell, Louise Oliver, Neil Bailey, Kim Burns, Malc Bennett


Apologies:  Kevin Walkington, Jack Sampson, Simon Earley, Guy Dayman, Kim Sayers, Richard Stockton, Paul Smart, John Shelton-Smith


Members indicated not rejoining: Andrea Earley, Mark Nixon


1) Last year's minutes were reviewed and no objections made to record


2) Following members were elected onto the committee for 2014

Chair - Dave Highton (not up for election this year)

Events and coaching - Steve Robinson

Secretary - Dave Lawrie

Treasurer and membership - Mhairi Billington

Press officer - Tim Puffer

Equipment and communications - Jo Cox

Social - Steve Bailey


Dave Lawrie to agree a schedule of committee meeting on a every two month basis

Club constitution to be discussed at committee meeting


3) Club accounts were reviewed. Point was made that club for the first time is spending more money than bringing in and open water swimming income is down. General view was that this is currently not a problem but should be flagged if club drops below £4000.

Committee will review a budget at next meeting to be produced by Mhairi Billington


4) Membership voted to be kept at £15. 2nd claim members can continue to join as before but are unable to benefit from subsidised events unless they enter as 1485 Tri Club


5) Duathlons to continue as previously. Agreed to keep entry fee at £10


6) Training sessions

Swimming next autumn - Mhairi Billington to check if there are potential other swimming times and to get a feeling around membership which times would be best. Dave Highton will arrange structured swimming session in one lane of pool swim.

Open water swimming will start 3rd May, temperature allowing

Saturday rides to continue until open water swimming starts and then time may be revised

Wednesday runs continuing

Steve Robinson and Steve Bailey to see if a projector works in club house for turbo session in which case the committee will consider the cost of buying one.


7) Kit and equipment

Trisuits to continue as currently as we have large amount of stock

Club will purchase a new shelter after the last one was broken in high winds

Agreed to purchase a lock and chain so that racking can be more securely kept at the Water Park. Agreed not to move it to lock up as inconvenient.

Reminder that bike bags are available for loan to take to events on first come, first served basis.


8) Events participation

The club will continue to subsidise members who take part in the club relays and the end of season race at East Leake


9) Comms

Committee members to all look at their parts of the website and give Jo any changes required. Richard Billington to pass on the passwords to alter site. Steve Robinson will add any other local events to the website that members suggest


10) Social events

Suggestions were made for a BBQ after open water swimming in the summer

Steve Bailey to look at organising a velodrome trip


11) Other business

Mhairi Billington to check the status with having junior members. Initially this would be to allow them to race under the club name only. Potential to have children's training session but this would depend on volunteers coming forward to run this. Children joining would only be charge £2


After discussion agreed not worthwhile affiliating to English athletics


Meeting closed at 9pm

Click for Map
sitemap | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement